Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Category: Agile Methods
14 PDUs (Professional Development Units)
Learn how to improve your Software Development or Business Intelligence processes using Scrum project management in a fun, friendly and effective way! Traditional software project management is based on hierarchically driven, fixed outcome systems and processes. Scrum, however, is an iterative planning & development approach that can be applied, day-to-day, to improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Emphasising customer satisfaction through rapid, continuous delivery of useful software where working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months).
This two day course covers the basic concepts of Scrum project management and how this Agile methodology can be used within your organisation to improve development processes and reduce ongoing development costs. This course aims to provide the tools for software managers and teams to improve customer satisfaction through the rapid and continuous delivery of useful software.
• An in-depth examination of Scrum processes
• The course will be customised to the participants organisational requirements
• Highly interactive through case studies and theoretical modelling
This course is designed to provide a strong, functional understanding of the popular agile method; Scrum. It teaches ways of engaging effectively with customers, stakeholders and developers. During this comprehensive two day course, the participants will:
• Gain a comprehensive and clear understanding of Scrum, and how this can improve ongoing business processes.
• Learn how to optimise development times, reduce ongoing development costs, and improve client satisfaction.
• Learn how to improve software estimation the Agile way.
• Participate in workshops to improve progress tracking and reporting.
• Discover how to attract and retain good software developers.
|Who Should Attend||
This course is for managers, project managers & developers who are interested in learning about Scrum and how they can help improve the quality and responsiveness of their software development projects.
Individuals wishing to enrol in this course should have a good understanding of the software development life cycle.